PDA

View Full Version : Two questions

watchtower54
04-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Hello all,

Two questions:

1) I know that Javascript can not send email...but can it populate an email with text entered onto a form field, and then leave it to the user's client to send?

For example, if I had a form that when they hit submit, it would open up an email similar to clicking on a "mailto:" link and just auto-populate the email with the information entered into the form fields? I realize this isn't the best way of doing it and that I'd be much better off with just having a sever side script do it instead but my IT guy has security concerns about our server and is wanting to know.

2) While I've been familiarizing myself with some server-side scripting languages (ASP.NET at the moment) I've tried wading into Javascript and have found it to be very intimidating. Would any of you have recommendations on where a good place to start learning Javascript would be? (As in, books/websites/etc.. )

Thanks!

zaphod42
04-02-2008, 11:01 PM
http://www.w3schools.com/ W3Schools Online Web Tutorials has some great resources, but as many will tell you aren't as up to date as one might like, so be sure to use other sites as references for compatibility etc.