PDA

View Full Version : Tab Content Script issue in IE

blaine.mincey
03-31-2008, 07:02 PM
1) Script Title: Tab Content Script (v 2.1)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/tabcontent.htm

3) Describe problem:
I have a JSP with the associated tab content script. Specifically, this JSP has content in the upper half and the lower half is the tabbed control with 3 tabs, each tab including a different JSP. Also, I am utilizing images for the tabs.

This script works incredible in Firefox. However, in IE, only the last two tabs display and when clicking the tabs, the tabbed content goes blank.

Has anyone else had this issue and resolve it?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Blaine Mincey

ddadmin
03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

blaine.mincey
04-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I the website is an internal corporate site in which I cannot post the code. However, I have gotten closer in finding out the answer....I think :)

For some reason, when the JS is executed in the init function, IE just hates it! I have followed the DD example ver batim...except for substituting images for the tabs. As I said originally, in FF this works perfect. In IE, I am able to get everything set up until I call the init() method.

<script type="text/javascript">
var mtaTabs=new ddtabcontent("mtaTabs")
mtaTabs.setpersist(false)
mtaTabs.setselectedClassTarget("link") //"link" or "linkparent"
mtaTabs.init()
</script>

Could I possibly be more vague :) If anyone has a suggestion on something in the dd tab content script I could modify, I would be most appreciative! Thanks in advance!

Blaine

ddadmin
04-02-2008, 11:24 PM
It's hard to tell based on the limited info above. However, you mentioned you're loading JSP pages using this script. Technically that's not possible, since Tab Content script merely toggles the display of inline content separated via DIV tags, so while your main page itself can be JSP, what's being shown inside Tab Content script would only be chunks of HTML within this page. Is that the case?

blaine.mincey
04-03-2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks again for the reply.

The content for each tab is from a separate JSP. For example, each tab or div simply includes a separate JSP file. These "included" files do not include the html,head, etc. tags that are in the "parent" JSP.

So, is it safe to assume that IE interprets the included JSPs within the DIV tags a bit differently than FF?

From what you are indicating, I may need to simply have the content from the JSPs within the parent page rather than including the JSP files?

Again....many, many thanks for the assistance!

Blaine

blaine.mincey
04-03-2008, 04:04 PM
Greetings everyone.

I have posted an example page exhibiting my issue. The tabs I am concerned about are the bottom three labeled Call Status, Voice Metrics, and Event Log.

If you click these, you will get tabbed content...only in Firefox! For some reason in IE, once I call the init() method, it goes haywire.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

http://www.mindspring.com/~blaine_mincey/viewCustomerMTA.htm

Thanks in advance!

Blaine

ddadmin
04-04-2008, 08:06 AM
At a glance the problem seems to just be a script error with one of the other scripts on your page. In IE, when that happens, it halts the execution of the remaining scripts, including the code to initialize Tab Content script. The error as reported in the console is:

Error: parent.userActionFrame has no properties
Source File: http://www.mindspring.com/~blaine_mincey/viewCustomerMTA.htm
Line: 36

Try addressing the above, and see if that fixes things in IE.

blaine.mincey
04-04-2008, 04:17 PM
First, I want to thank you for the assistance. Some of your comments forced me to look much closer at what I had implemented. Believe it or not, the reason this was not working was that I had named an img attribute the same name as the tab id.

This did not cause problems in Firefox but did in IE. Now that I have corrected my stupid mistake, everything works perfectly.

Again, thanks for the help and for the Tab Script. It has proven to be a life saver for me!

Blaine
The town idiot :)