PDA

View Full Version : Modification to Lightbox 2.0?

kazzywazzy
03-30-2008, 04:35 AM
1) Script Title: Lightbox v2.0

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

I am using the Lightbox image set to run a gallery. It all works fine, but ideally I would like the Next and Previous links to be permanently anchored in position (so that they don't just appear when the mouse hovers over).

Alternatively, perhaps they could be permanently visible with a lower opacity, so that on hover, it can restore to full opacity.

Any and all help with this one is much appreciated!

ddadmin
03-30-2008, 07:54 AM
To get the prev/ next link to appear by default when the enlarged image loads (instead of mouseover), inside lightbox.css, try adding to the below two lines the code in red:

#prevLink, #prevLink:hover, #prevLink:visited:hover { background: url(../images/prevlabel.gif) left 15% no-repeat; }
#nextLink, #nextLink:hover, #nextLink:visited:hover { background: url(../images/nextlabel.gif) right 15% no-repeat; }

A quick test seems to show it works, but this is a rather complex script, so there may be unforeseen issues you'll want to check for by playing around.

kazzywazzy
03-31-2008, 08:46 AM
That worked perfectly. Thanks so much for your help! I had no idea the solution could be so simple!