PDA

View Full Version : troubles using www.echoecho.com Floating Layer Menu & DD Cursor Trailer Text

Sherback
06-03-2005, 02:59 AM
I hope you can help, I am having troubles using www.echoecho.com Floating Menu & DD Cursor Trailer Text.

Floating Layer (Menu)-
http://www.echoecho.com/toolfloatinglayer.htm
Curso Trailer Text -http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex13/trailortext.htm

I would love to use both of these on my web site, but all I get is script error, when I use both of them on the same page.

I would use the DD Floating Menu, I am sure they would work well together. The problem is I need the Menu on the right side and like the abillity to change the delay and the position of the menu.

I know nothing about script. Could you telling why I am having problem using both or telling what I can do to make them work together.

jscheuer1
06-03-2005, 04:30 AM
I just tried this, putting both scripts on the same page and it worked fine in IE. The problem is that the cursor trailer script is not Mozilla compatible. That means it doesn't work in NS7.2 or Firefox and probably several other browsers. I modded a version up awhile back that does, use that instead. Attached as ctrailer.zip

Sherback
06-05-2005, 01:14 AM
I use IE, maybe I am doing something wrong. As I said I can use one or the other, but not both. I keep getting an script error. Maybe it is my web editor. I will try and use both again, but not view the page in the editor.

thanks
Sherback

Sherback
06-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Below is a copy a web page. I tried the new script, and this time, the only thing the loads is the scoll color change.

:confused:

jscheuer1
06-05-2005, 02:14 AM
You've allowed comments to hide important information from the browser. Right here:
</script>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
floatX=0
floatY=0That little <!-- looks innocent enough but it tells the browser that all that follows is a comment. This would be fine if the comment was closed before the ending script tag but, it isn't. So, since these little tricks aren't really needed, just remove it so that it looks like this:
</script>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
floatX=0
floatY=0I did and your page worked fine.

Sherback
06-05-2005, 06:09 PM
Thank you so much I know I had to be missing something.

I will do just that, and thanks again.

:D