PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt js-files?

Ejnot
03-26-2008, 02:33 PM
1) Script Title: Lightbox image viewer 2.03a

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm

3) Describe problem:
I can't get the lightbox viewer to work. The first problem occurred when I opened lightbox.js to check the variables which can be edited. It wouldn't open in Dreamweaver, neither in FF or IE. I only got a failure message.
In Notepad, it opened - just to show rows and rows of strange symbols. Nothing of value at all.
I tried to open the file on DD's server in my browser window and "Save page as", but the result was the same. Just a lot of symbols.
The last thing I tried was to copy the code in the browser window and save it in Notepad as lightbox.js, and did the same thing with the other three files. Now the script looks "normal" in the js files, but it still won't work. Could there be something missing in the files, which doesn't show in the browser?

I've even tried saving DD's own page, the one with the demos, to see if it just was something wrong in my html document, but neither the demos would work with my js files.

Could anyone please help me with this?

Master_script_maker
03-26-2008, 03:12 PM
The file was probably was corrupted during the download. Try downloading it again. If that doesn't work, view the source of it and copy/paste into a new file.

Ejnot
03-26-2008, 06:33 PM
I didn't get the zipped (and then unzipped) version to work - I asked a friend to try from his computer, and he got the same thing.

So I copied the source of the "online" js-files, and that worked. :)
Thanx a lot!