PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Slider Modification

pippos
03-23-2008, 10:02 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: Is there any way which you can modify the script to show in pagination div (left side of it) text "headlines" maybe like gamespot when you place the mouse over the link at their flash slider?:)

pippos
03-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Please anyone to answer I nedd this badly...
A simple mouseover fuction to show a headlinefrom DIVs please.:):)

ddadmin
03-30-2008, 08:07 AM
I'll see if I can come up with the changes tomorrow or so. If I forget, feel free to bump this thread then.

ddadmin
03-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Ok, try the below modified contentslider.js file. Then, to add a title that shows when the mouse rolls over each pagination link, inside your page's HTML, add a "title" attribute inside each content DIV itself, for example:

<div id="slider1" class="contentslide">
<div class="opacitylayer">

<div class="contentdiv" title="content 1 header">
Content 1
</div>

<div class="contentdiv" title="content 2 header">
Content 2
</div>

<div class="contentdiv" title="content 3 header">
Content 3
</div>

</div>
</div>

The title is added to the pagination DIV itself, specifically, a SPAN tag with the ID attribute "title-"+sliderid. So if your Featured Content Slider as the ID of "slider1", the SPAN element used to contain the title would be called "title-slider1". This is important, since you'll want to style this SPAN tag to ensure the colors are right, formatting etc. For example, you should add something like the below to the HEAD of your page:

<style type="text/css">
#title-slider1{
color: white;
float:left;
}
}
</style>

pippos
03-31-2008, 12:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your help it works perfectly for me but when you put mouseover and mouseout of a link (example 1 2 3 4) and the pagination rotation is on 1 the title remains for the specific one you moved your mouse on top of it until the rotation continues to the next one. If you would like to look up for this problem I will be glad.

ddadmin
03-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Try the below contentslider.js file.

pippos
04-01-2008, 07:25 AM
OK now it is working fine, thanks you again just what I was looking for. :):):):)