PDA

View Full Version : Image & Text Effects

techsol
03-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Looking for code that when a text link is selected will bring up an image to the right of the screen and then bring up the text associated with that image to the left of the image. Would like this image and text to either be faded in or expanded in. Also would like to have the capability to select the size of the image and font size/type/color of the text and the position of the both within the page...Thanks.

Nile
03-23-2008, 05:41 PM
So, this is a short summary of what you want?:

A script that when I select something on the page a window will pop up, if I selected a long string of text the window will be longer. And in the pop-up will have my selected text.

techsol
03-25-2008, 02:35 AM
So, this is a short summary of what you want?:

A script that when I select something on the page a window will pop up, if I selected a long string of text the window will be longer. And in the pop-up will have my selected text.
I don't know if this is even possible. But if there is a text link located within a cell of a table and someone selects it can an image (and the text next to the image) fade into another cell within the same table.

Nile
03-25-2008, 02:44 AM
I think this is very possible, the image part would be ajax, for example:
When you select the text you use javascript to get the text selected, ajax takes it from there which sends get data to a phpgd file, from there the php retrieves the text, changes it to an image. Ajax takes over again brining the results back to the page, then javascript helps by making it fade.

I can do this script for you, but it will take around 13 days for me to get started because I have a few other projects that I'm working on for other people, although my projects are being completed earlier then expected, I can't guarantee I will be done in 15 days. Please tell me if you would like me to make this script for you. I cannot do your first no-matter how fast you need it because Im on a first-come first-serve basis. So if you would like me to make this it will take a while.

techsol
04-02-2008, 03:09 AM
I'd love you to do it. But what's the catch? i.e. any costs, fees, etc.?..thanks