PDA

View Full Version : Text-display differences when using javascript

channelmixer1
03-20-2008, 10:54 PM
Hello:

I'm a student in web des/dev. and new at posting here. I have used a couple of DD javascripts (Contenslider and Thumbnail ViewerII) as part of my learning process, and I have noticed that the text inside the windows created by those scripts displays kinda strange-looking on Explorer but as intended on Firefox. As of now, any window I make using those scripts will consistently display very nice-looking text on FF, but the same text looks really retro and messed up on IE7.

Please, note: this is not a DD question but rather a general question regarding text-display with javascript. I just happen to have noticed the difference when using DD scripts because I am new at javascript and I need any help I can get. : )

Does anyone know why this happens? Is it some kind of weird quirk with Explorer7? Or 6? Or anything Explorer? :confused:

Thanks for any enlightenment you may be able to provide. :)

Channelmixer1

Nile
03-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Well, it could be a bug if you got an earlier version of IE7. It also could be a default font if you have not set one. Otherwise I really don't have any clue why it'd be functioning the way you explained. Hope this helps.

channelmixer1
03-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks for trying, Nile. I've asked tons of people and no one seems to know. The fonts I'm using are all defined via an external style sheet, which seems to work fine on Firefox but looks bloated, almost over-boldened, on IE7. If I have a brave moment I'll see what happens if I define the font styles within the script, but since I'm new at this it will take some courage and several hours probably.

I appreciate your input!

thetestingsite
03-27-2008, 02:59 PM
The fonts I'm using are all defined via an external style sheet, which seems to work fine on Firefox but looks bloated, almost over-boldened, on IE7.

That is due to IE7's ClearType (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClearType) default setting. That would be the only thing that I could think of off the top of my head.

Hope this helps.

channelmixer1
03-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the input, thetestingsite. That's the kind of stuff I don't have a clue about yet, so all ideas are very much appreciated.