PDA

View Full Version : Change color on text

Burnt Offering
03-19-2008, 07:35 PM
1) Script Title: Shockwave Text

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex10/shockwave.htm

3) Describe problem: I have inserted this into the script on my page and it works great, I can change text no sweat. What I can't figure out is how to change the color on the text. ANy ideas? Thanks in advance!

Nile
03-19-2008, 09:59 PM
Well, you need to add a var, so at the top where all of the vars already there, you need to add this:

var font_color = "#C100C1"; //You can change this to any hex code you want, or rgb. Doesn't matter.

Then change this line of code:

output += "<font style='font-size: "+ q +"pt'>" +tekst[s].substring(w,w+1)+ "</font>";

To this:

output += "<font style='font-size: "+ q +"pt;color: "+font_color+"'>" +tekst[s].substring(w,w+1)+ "</font>";

What this is doing is adding the color thing to your style with the var font_color, then you need to cahnge this line[a few lines under the previous]:

output += "<font style='font-size: " + size + "pt'>" +tekst[s].substring(k,k+1)+ "</font>";

To this:

output += "<font style='font-size: " + size + "pt';color: "+font_color+"'>" +tekst[s].substring(k,k+1)+ "</font>";

Burnt Offering
03-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Dude, I really appreciate the help. I had some success with your suggestions, I made the code changes you posted above, I was able to change the lead text color. But I still can't change the main text color. Now here I would like to say, I KNOW its me that is doing something wrong. I am even pretty sure that you explained in detail how to change the color in your post above, but me in my ignorance am just not getting it. So I hope you don't mind if I trouble you some more. Here is the link to the site I put the code on.

http://www.carlesonhomes.com/current_listings.html

You can see where the text effect is. I was able to change the text color to red on the lead. What I can't seem to figure out is how to change the black text to a different color. Thanks in advance!:)

Nile
03-21-2008, 02:35 AM
Hmm, I don't know how to fix this.

But try changing this line:

idee.innerHTML = output;

To:

idee.style.color = font_color;
idee.innerHTML = output;

Burnt Offering
03-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Nile you da MAN!!!! I don't know how much money you make now my brotha, but it ain't enough! That was the ticket. Worked like a champ! I got it changed to the blue to match the rest of the page. Looks a lot better. Thanks a mil dude!

Kevo