PDA

View Full Version : Getting Tired of Non-working Javascripts

chunky-monkey
06-01-2005, 01:36 AM
ok,

can someone please give me the code for a "slide-in" or whatever image slideshow that DOES work?

i have tried two of the javascripts on DD that do this... one would only show half the image and the other was up to its arse in errors...

i am really tired of javascript after this and i just want one to freaking work... THE FIRST ONE I USED EVEN WORKED FINE IN OPERA! BUT NOT EVEN CLOSE IN INTERNET EXPLORER! why can't the same code just be used instead of coding it 'all special' just for internet explorer?

jscheuer1
06-01-2005, 04:14 AM
I've never had a problem with any of the scripts on this site. ;)

ddadmin
06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Hehe. Ok, firstly, are you getting these errors on the DD demo pages, or only after you've added to them your site? If the later, then the problem most likely is due to either the way you've installed it, or other scripts on your page conflicting with each other.

chunky-monkey
06-01-2005, 11:51 PM
ok... i've resolved it down to this...

I'm using the "Drop-In Slideshow II (hyperlinked)" script, and I uploaded it without changing anything except the pause interval (from 3000 to 6000) and the image locations. I uploaded it and it still does not work correctly in Internet Explorer. It gets cut off and is off to one side. Please help me! I do not have any JavaScript experience (although I can understand some things because I do some PHP work) and I have no idea how to fix it!

To see it, go to http://www.rabid-revolver.com/index.php and see it in the lower left hand corner, under the OTHER STUFF header. Thank you for your help!

jscheuer1
06-02-2005, 06:56 AM
Just a wild guess, as I saw someone else complaining about what looks to be a similar issue try changing this:
<td height="32" align="center" valign="middle">
<script src="/includes/affiliates.js">
//Drop-in slideshow II (hyperlinked)- By Dynamic Drive
//For full source code and more DHTML scripts, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com
//This credit MUST stay intact for use
</script></td>to:
<td height="32" valign="middle" style="text-align:center!important;text-align:left">
<script src="/includes/affiliates.js">
//Drop-in slideshow II (hyperlinked)- By Dynamic Drive
//For full source code and more DHTML scripts, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com
//This credit MUST stay intact for use
</script></td>You may have to use relative positioning to get it just so, something like:
style="text-align:center!important;text-align:left;position:relative:left:10px;"adjusting the 10px to get it just so in IE. Mozilla will ignore relative positioning of a table cell.

One other thing, change the <table> tag that contains this cell temporarily to border=1 to make sure the cell is wide enough to contain 88px to begin with in IE.

chunky-monkey
06-02-2005, 07:57 PM
thanks so much man...

your first suggestion without the 10px ended up working just fine...

i really appreciate it... thanks again...