PDA

View Full Version : problem with flash



claass
03-15-2008, 01:16 AM
1) Script Title: Drop down/ Overlapping Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/overlapcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: I have several peices of flash on the page that I want the content box to show up in. The box comes up just like it should and works perfectly except that it shows up behind the flash rather then on top of it. How do I make it show up over the flash?

jscheuer1
03-15-2008, 04:46 AM
Loosely from:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14201

Add in this language to your object/embed tag -

Add the following parameter to the OBJECT tag:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Add the following attribute to the EMBED tag:

wmode="transparent"

Or, if you are using two object tags, as can and is sometimes done, add the param tag to both of them.

If you are using script to generate the tags (as is frequently done to avoid the 'click to activate' feature in some browsers), the wmode transparent must be passed to the script. This is easily accomplished but, varies depending upon the sort of script one uses. Some scripts do it automatically.

claass
03-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your reply. I tried the tags you suggested and they worked in that the drop in information showed up. But the commands made the flash transparent so that it didn't show up at all. There was no way to even know that the flash was on the page. My goal is that the flash can still be seen, just behind the drop in information rather then in front of it.

jscheuer1
03-15-2008, 01:24 PM
You're probably doing it wrong, or there could be other issues. There are no commands. That may just be a matter of semantics though. They're called tag and attribute respectively - arguments perhaps, and/or properties, if used with a script that makes your Flash tag for you.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

claass
03-15-2008, 10:45 PM
It's working now. I had several other java scripts running on the page. I took them all out, loaded the commands you gave me, and then put them back in. Then the script worked fine. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work at first since I'm running all the same things but it is working great now. Thanks for your help.