PDA

View Full Version : CSS/Javascript Chrome Menu Issues

mushmouth1997
03-12-2008, 12:37 AM
1) Script Title: Chrome CSS Drop Down Menu (v2.01)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/chrome/index.htm

3) Describe problem:

I would like to know how to make the top links, the ones you mouse over to instigate the dropdown, to be links as well. For example: On the menu at the DD site, there are three links in the menu that have a "V" beside each item of text. These links are: "Resources, News and Search". How do you make the "Top" menu item be a link as well. I know that it is based on the html code that uses rel="dropmenu2". Currently i can only apply hyperlinks to the drop down items. If i remove the Rel="" code the drop downs no longer appear.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Jas
03-12-2008, 02:55 AM
Did you try:

<li><a href="http://www.dynamicdrive.com">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="AddLinkHere.html" rel="dropmenu1">Resources</a></li>
<li><a href="AddLinkHere.html" rel="dropmenu2">News</a></li>

mushmouth1997
03-12-2008, 04:05 AM
Yeah I did that and it still does not work. I think it has something to do with the rel="dropmenu1" part of the code.

rangana
03-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Find this in the code:

<li><a href="#" rel="dropmenu1">Resources</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="dropmenu2">News</a></li>
<li><a href="#" rel="dropmenu3">Search</a></li>

Replace # with the link you want ;)

mushmouth1997
03-12-2008, 04:33 AM
Thanks but i already did that. I actually figured it out a second ago. The problem lies in the javascript code.

Find this line in the chrome.js file:

disablemenuclick: true, //when user clicks on a menu item with a drop down menu, disable menu item's link?

Change the "true" to "false" and then even the top menu links will work.

Best,

Mushmouth1997

Jas
03-13-2008, 12:41 AM
That's interesting. I wonder why that's in the script when the href is set to # by default. Thanks for sharing the solution so we know now. :)

rangana
03-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Then mushmout1997 deserves my thank you for shedding some ligh ;)