PDA

View Full Version : Not another Featured Content Glider question...

MT Chair
03-11-2008, 08:27 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Glider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentglider.htm

3) Describe problem: Run Error - "featuredcontentglider Undefined"

I admit, not entirely sure what I am doing per se. I inserted the relevent steps 1 & 2 of code but when I want to preview the page I'm working on I am getting the error message as mentioned above

featuredcontentglider.init({
gliderid: "canadaprovinces", //ID of main glider container
contentclass: "glidecontent", //Shared CSS class name of each glider content
......... etc......
})

The point at which is getting flagged per se is the end }) of the portion of code. I am probably missing the mark and have left out or not complete necessary stuff but have just literally insert the default coding from DD and nothing else. Can someone please walk me through it? Thank you.

ddadmin
03-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Make sure that each line within the configuration code ends with a comma, except the very last line:

speed: 500, //Glide animation duration (in milliseconds)
direction: "downup", //set direction of glide: "updown", "downup", "leftright", or "rightleft"
autorotate: true, //Auto rotate contents (true/false)?
autorotateconfig: [3000, 2] <--No comma after this line
})

Otherwise, an error will occur. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

MT Chair
03-15-2008, 02:12 AM

Thank you ddadmin, been busy over the past couple of days so haven't been able to check the forum as I am needing. Figuring it out as I go per se... also trying to figure out how to center the number bar... I suspect the css of the template has as a say in it!

ddadmin
03-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Well, for the pagination buttons, if you're using the "]CSS gray buttons ([URL="http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/contentglider_suppliment.htm) as described in the supplementary page, centering them can be tricky, since they use float:left within the CSS to achieve their look. In the example on that page, it looks centered because what I really did was use margin-left to offset the entire button set to the left.