PDA

View Full Version : LogicWeb Javascript

Chadi
03-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Greetings,

When you initially load LogicWeb's home page, www.logicweb.com it hesitates for about 1-2 seconds on loading the ajax tabs up top (you can't miss it, right below main navigation bar). I am trying to figure out why this happens, but I just cannot seem to grasp the cause.

I am not a designer / programmer by trade so I'm not quite sure what to look for within the javascript files.

javascript:
www.logicweb.com/scripts/tabber.js

Any help on why it does not load instantaneously would be appreciated.

The other issue is figuring out a proper javascript fallback mechanism. The one I set is not quite so professional, just inserts an image with a warning message/icon. If someone can please explain a proper way of redirecting to a another version of the same page (where the javascript warning would appear), that would be great. I've Googled this for a while but cannot find a simplified method to my desire.

Bob90
03-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Firstly, I want to remind you that blindly copying content can be dangerous or wrong.

Secondly, around line 444 you see this aptly named function.

function tabberAutomaticOnLoad(tabberArgs)
{
/* This function adds tabberAutomatic to the window.onload event,
so it will run after the document has finished loading.
*/
var oldOnLoad;

The comment above clearly states that the function is called after the page loads.

So all the images, external css and js files are loaded first before the ajax call is made.

This makes sense in terms of server requests, page navigation and usage.

Chadi
03-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks for your response. Not sure what you mean by blindly copying content. The site was designed by a freelancer, not myself.

Is there anyway to get the tabs loaded right away without the delay?

Bob90
03-13-2008, 08:01 PM
I mean the site may be copyrighted or the script may be.
If you didn't write it don't use it unless your are allowed. That is what I meant.

You are trying to edit it and you say you aren't a programmer so I was just making sure that you weren't going to take it (although it may be free to use).

:)