PDA

View Full Version : Animated Collapsible DIV and IE

atomique
03-11-2008, 04:29 PM
1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem:

The div, as seen on the page attached, is not working in IE6. The div that is shown when the page loads doesn't properly collapse, and the one below it just sort of slides on top of it, leaving the first div visible underneath. I changed the DOCTYPE line several different times after reading different posts with no success. Any ideas?

Thanks.

ddadmin
03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Hmm looking at your index.html source, my guess is one of the DIVs aren't properly closed with a </div> tag, causing the erratic behavior in IE. Try double checking everything to make sure the container relationship in your HTML is valid.

atomique
03-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi there -

It passed the validator. I have it working on another page, the only different factors are 1) none of the DIVs are displayed on page load and 2) the DIVs immediately follow the link that makes them expand/collapse and 3) the one that's not collapsing has other DIVs inside of it. I've tried changing the first two with no success. Maybe I can't have other DIVs inside the DIV that slides?