PDA

View Full Version : Centering Pop-up Window Settings

chuong
05-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Hello, I've been trying to learn how to center a pop-up window for my website. I've followed the instructions on this site: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/autocenter.htm

Everything works fine; however, I dislike the "Status" bar at the bottom and cannot get rid of it.

I followed the instruction at the bottom under "Technical Note":

settings =
'height='+h+',width='+w+',top='+TopPosition+',
left='+LeftPosition+',scrollbars='+scroll+',resizable=no, status=no'

The resizing is disabled, but the status bar still shows at the bottom. Can anyone please help me?

Thank you

mwinter
05-30-2005, 02:46 PM
I've been trying to learn how to center a pop-up windowCentred pop-ups can be annoying for users with dual monitors, or users with virtual desktops. Keep that in mind.

Everything works fine; however, I dislike the "Status" bar at the bottom and cannot get rid of it.To be frank: good. The status bar relays important information to the user and you should not be able to remove it. Many user agents can be configured to prevent authors from hiding the status bar, and one of the IE service packs (I forget which) makes it impossible.

There is no workaround.

Mike

chuong
05-30-2005, 04:20 PM
I just learned that it was my browser Firefox. The status bar was disabled in IE (Version 6.0). Thank you for your help.