PDA

View Full Version : image viewer. divs in divs

xvegrevoltx
05-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Hello,

My goal is to place ( http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm ) that thumbnail viewer on my page. The problem is, my page is constructed with divs for all content. So the viewer does function inside another div, but the problem is that it uses my main div won't let the image go outside its boundary -- depending on what type of overflow exists. i use "auto" overflow, at least for the rest of the pages.

Since this is kinda tricky, i posted an example of the issue on my site. anyone that can make this work, i will be your slave for life.

http://www.roar-usa.org/test/word.htm i don't know why the thumbnail doesn't always show up. what the hell. i hate computers.

or roar-usa.org/photos.htm to see my existing set up. (with terrible java pop-ups that i hate.)

Thanks,
Jake

bryce
05-29-2005, 03:42 PM
What if you did not place the new <div> in the old but simply positioned it independently AFTER the old <div> (that should render it on top).

xvegrevoltx
05-29-2005, 04:26 PM
im not sure what you mean. remove the "show image" div and direct it to the main? I'll try that if thats what you mean.

xvegrevoltx
05-29-2005, 04:28 PM
hmm i couldn't get that to work. I'll upload the file and show you. it open in the window itself.

xvegrevoltx
05-29-2005, 04:29 PM
roar-usa.org/test/word1.htm

xvegrevoltx
05-29-2005, 04:46 PM
i hate this. i screwed up. actually nothing happens when i did that. a blank page. i put a space in accidentally.

bryce
05-29-2005, 06:45 PM
What I mean is (see example). This renders independend layers on top of eachother. Hope this helps.

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<div id="old" style=position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;width:150px;height:575px;>old content</div>
<div id="new" style=position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;width:150px;height:575px;>new content</div>
</body>
</html>

xvegrevoltx
05-29-2005, 10:25 PM
hi,

that almost worked. the problem is then that the thumbnails are above the image, and the picture isn't dragable (not a real word) when the top layer is over it. thanks though. any other thoughts? I think it's possible to overcome. it would have something to do with making the layer act like the "show image" one, maybe. that layer doesnt seem to affect the picure. i can't see that layer, on the other hand.

Jake

xvegrevoltx
05-30-2005, 01:20 PM
adobe web gallery it is. i'm a loser i guess.