PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Site takes higher loading time........

kkeith
05-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi........

I am a beginner. I have developed website in Php/MySql. But my home page takes some more time to load in some of the browsers

Check this http://www.direct2deal.com

Can Mysql stored procedures help me? I don't know the concepts of stored procedures. If any buddy in group knows
pl. help me

Its very urgent. Your feedback/suggestions will be highly appreciated.

mwinter
05-29-2005, 05:22 PM
[...] my home page takes some more time to load in some of the browsersThat's a rather vague description, with many possible causes. Are you saying that under the same network conditions, certain user agents load your site noticably slower than others?

Can Mysql stored procedures help me?It's doubtful. Stored procedures can increase performance because less data needs to be transmitted to the database server, but I'd only expect the improvement to be noticable with many complex queries. Even then, the extent of any gains might be tempered by the hardware setup of your host. For example, the Web server might also be the database server so socket traffic will remain within the protocol stack, and there will be minimal latency.

In any case, it's unlikely that you'll be able to use stored procedures. They are only available in the development release (5.x) of MySQL, and most hosts will be using a stable branch.

You might try profiling your script by timing certain sections. This can help you find any bottlenecks. If you do this, remember that slowdowns may be unrelated to database activity and could lie elsewhere.

Mike

cr3ative
05-29-2005, 05:53 PM
This happened to me, try this fix:

in php.ini:
Change output_buffering = Off (or 0) output_buffering = On (or 1)

Let me know if this works.
It's particularily effective on newer IIS systems (Windows Server 03), as it's known to go a bit slowly with MySql without this "fix".

cr3ative