PDA

View Full Version : Need help with menu using onmouseover not working in IE

MCanes
03-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Good evening... I am trying to warp up a new site for a friend but I am running into an issue with my menu system. When you mouse over the images the menus show up, but the second you try to move the mouse to one of the links in the menu it disappears. The menus work fine in Firefox and used to work in IE, but something has changed and I cannot figure it out.

To see it for yourself click here (http://www.sportsgear247.com/index.php). This is still a test site so please do not try to order :)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Master_script_maker
03-06-2008, 03:17 AM
try changing the time of the timeout (it is one millisecond).

<a href="index.php?main_page=index&amp;cPath=2" onmouseover="setNeededVars('1','header_nfl');k=setTimeout('pauseDropdowns()',1);" onmouseout="dropdownTimer=setTimeout('hideSubnav()',1);clearTimeout(k);">

MCanes
03-06-2008, 03:28 AM
I did this and it does delay it some, but it is almost like it's not recognizing the DIV layer in IE. Even though you mouse over it, it will still go away. hmmmm

jscheuer1
03-06-2008, 07:20 AM
This script:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="includes/templates/sg247/common/WCH.js"></script>

which is referenced in two external script tags in the source code (it should only be once, if at all) is creating invisible iframes in IE that have a z-index of 9. These invisible iframes partially cover (depending upon the screen/window width) some of the drop downs such that when the mouse appears to be over the drop down, it is really over the iframe, so of course the drop down behaves as though the mouse is not over it.

Most likely, if you changed the drop down's z-index to 10, this would no longer happen.

I question why you need a script that makes invisible iframes in IE though, these are only useful (as far as I know) when there are select elements on the page, and I see none anywhere near the menu.

However, in testing, I removed the script and all but one of the drop downs stopped working. I'm not sure why this is. Perhaps a different menu would be a better choice. Hopefully, I've given you enough information to help you sort this out.