PDA

View Full Version : Accordion Menu script and jQuery 1.1

FireWolf
03-05-2008, 09:52 AM
1) Script Title: Accordion Menu Script

2) Script URL (on DD): HERE (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu.htm)

3) Describe problem:

Gratz on this wonderful easy to use menu. I got it working within 15min.

However the final use for this menu is to integrat it within an existing website, that currently runs version 1.1 of jQuery. The man in charge won't switch to 1.2.2 yet.
I tried to get this script working with 1.1 but it fails. Any idea if there's any hack to the code to downgrade it to 1.1 ? Or is that way too much hassle to it and should forget and look for something else ?

Any input will be greatly appreciated

regards

ddadmin
03-06-2008, 02:30 AM
I see what you mean. Looking at jQuery's blog, it seems a lot has changed from version 1.1 to 1.2.2, so searching for what's throwing the tantrum in the older version will be tedious. Any reason why he's resistant to just upgrading? You can tell him all the positive changes in the new version, especially something like 300% speed improvements with some key functions. :)

FireWolf
03-06-2008, 09:47 AM
thx for your reply ddadmin;

Yes I've been trying to "convert" him for the past 2 weeks but without sucess :(.
There are 2 reasons why I can't persist any longer:
1- I'm on a part time job with them, so my opinions on structural change proposals take time to be taken under consideration
2- and the most important. I think there are plenty of functionalities with the exisiting webapp that rely on jQuery 1.1 that will need a revision to make sure they work smoothly on 1.2.2. That means either more job for the man in charge or more money the owner has to spend.

Well I think I have to find another solution. Back to searching

Regards