PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Tab Content Javascript in a phpnuke website?

fr34k123
03-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi wondered if someone could help me out.

Im looking for a script/module that will display x amount of small blocks in the top center of my phpnuke website for displaying our most recent reviews (with thumbnail image and a short snippet of text taken from the actual review).

The closest ive come to finding a script that would do the job perfectly is the Ajax Tab Content script. Although it wont place x amount of spearate aligned blocks within the top center of our site - it would allow us to title each tab with the product name of what we have reviewed and the text box for each tab would be large enough for us to add a small thumbnail image of the item along with a snippet of text next to it (and a link to the actual review).

The problem i have is that im not sure how i would intergrate this javascript in to my phpnuke site.

Once it is integrated in to my phpnuke site - how would i update this easily and frequently?

Ive been told that it is possible to add this script to a phpnuke site - but due to the nature of phpnuke, a php file would need to be created for the script and each time i would need to add new comtent to the tab boxes i would have to manually update the php text file and re-upload it?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
Or if anyone can point me in the right direction to a module that would do what i need it to do that would be great.

Thanks in advance

ddadmin
03-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

I'm having trouble envisioning what you're trying to do exactly. Are you basically looking to add block links that when clicked on, fetches contents from external files and shows them on the page?

I've never tried PHPnuke, but if it supports dynamic includes similar to SSI or PHP's include() function, all you'd need to do is put Ajax Tabs Content within an external file, and include that dynamically onto all your PHPnuke pages.