PDA

View Full Version : IFRAME scroller script modification??

PatsRule
10-04-2004, 10:10 PM
IFRAME scroller script located here http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/iframe-scroller.htm

I have tried to modify this script so that upon moving the mouse over the script..it not only pauses..but also if you move the mouse up or down..it will allow you to go back to either the top or the bottom of the text depending on which way you move your mouse. I would find this helpful in case viewers would like to either bypass some of what is contained in the text and scroll down to the next line without waiting for the scroll or scroll back up to re-read what was contained in the previous line without waiting for the script to end or refreshing the page.

I'm usually pretty good at mods and this one would seem simple enough..but i'm having a brain freeze. Any thoughts?? Thank you in advance..and this script btw beat the one i wrote to pieces. It's a great little script. Thanks in advance. [edit] If you are unsure of what I am looking for..please reply and I'll try to explain in more detail. Thanks again.

PatsRule
10-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Since I haven't received any replies I thought I would bump it. Am I not being clear what I would like the script to do? Or is this not workable or feasible to do? I've tried my best with my knowledge to alter this script but nothing works. Even if someone tells me it can't be done..it's better than no answer. I guess I'll keep trying on my own..and if i get it I'll post the changed script naturally giving the initial credit for the initial part to the developers. I just feel this would be quite an enhancement to a well written and functioning script. Thanks.

cr3ative
10-08-2004, 01:03 PM
This would only be possible if the Iframe could tell us where the cursor was positioned inside it in relation to the iframe's height. Then someone with more knowledge than I could make the script do this. But this would take a lot of time and essentially become an entirely different script. I suggest just putting a standard Iframe with scrollbars there if you're too concerned about people missing content :)

cr3ative

Shawn Ross
02-02-2006, 07:07 AM
I was wondering something about the Iframe script. Is there any way to make the table that the text appears in transparent in IE. Ive gotten it to work in firefox but not IE. If this is at all possible please email me at krewtons@gmail.com Thanks.