PDA

View Full Version : DHTML Window widget (v1.1) bugs

rpaul
03-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/dhtmlwindow/

With DHTML Window widget (v1.1), I have some bugs:

1- When I open 2 PDF iframe windows, I have with IE (Internet Explorer 6) and FF2 (FireFox) a z-index problem (with title bar and bottom bar of windows), when one is over/under the other ... (urgent)

I have this problem with Adobe Reader plugin (for open PDF in line) or with Foxit Reader. I can supposed also with PDF-viewer ...

2- Occasionally, I can drag and move window under: Title bar, menu bar, ... of IE and FF (and more, outside window zone) ? At this moment, I lost the possibility to move window at new destination because I have no access to title bar of this window for drag and move ... (urgent)

3- Window is always under flash animation (not urgent)

Sorry for my english

Thanks for answer to me. I can test any new version. ("urgent" mention is because I have previous to use this with my new appli, march end ...)

ddadmin
03-05-2008, 08:38 PM
Regarding .pdf documents shown in a DHTML window overlapping the title/status bars of other DHTML windows above it, I'm not sure there's an easy solution to this. I've confirmed it btw. Pdf documents seem to always occupy the top most level, even in Firefox. Typically this is a IE6 issue with SELECT objects, but the pdf one seems to be cross browser.

Regarding 2), are you saying you often accidentally drag a DHTML window outside the viewable area of the browser, and hence can no longer get it back? Yes this can happen, but not under normal usage in terms of interacting with the window.

rpaul
03-08-2008, 04:31 AM
Thanks for answer

Ok I understand.

Great job. I love this ...

1- I have a problem with "inline" (resize=1, scrolling=1) when I drag for resize window (minimize). Title/status bars not follow ?

2- Possible to check if window close for open or load, style :

if (PopUp.Closed==true){
PopUp=dhtmlwindow.open(...)
}
else {
PopUp.load(...)
}

3- Also, I see image "max.gif" in "windowfiles" but no maximize function for that ? I suppose for new development version ...

thanks

ddadmin
03-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Regarding #1, do you have an example of the problem? Looks like something within your content being shown could be causing the issue (ie: perhaps a pdf doc)?

Regarding #2, you can detect if a DHTML window has been closed by doing something like:

ajaxwin=dhtmlwindow.open("ajaxbox2", "ajax", "prueba.htm", "Entrada Digital 0", "width=250px,height=150px,left=10px,top=50px

if (typeof ajaxwin!="undefined" || ajaxwin.isClosed==true)
alert("window has been closed or has not initialized!")
else
alert("window is open")

Regarding #3, yep, it's a pending feaure. :)

rpaul
03-09-2008, 04:04 AM
Hi

1- Bug with IE6 but Ok with FF2, example (with long url):

MyURL4="http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/pdf/verne_de_la_terre_a_la_lune.pdf"
Message="<div class='popupmessage'>"
Message+="<b>En ligne (PDF)</b><br>"
Message+="livre: <a target='new' href="+MyURL4+">"+MyURL4+"</a><br>"
Message+="</div>"
PopUpURL1=dhtmlwindow.open("PopUpURL","inline",Message,"Title","width=640,height=325,center=1,resize=1,scrolling=1")

Drag the window for minimize and look the title/status bars that "ultimately stall" (sorry for my english)
I can ship to you, by mail, picture of this ...

2- I have adapted your code here:

if ((typeof PopUpURL1 != undefined) || (PopUpURL1.isClosed==true)){
PopUpURL1=dhtmlwindow.open("PopUpURL","inline","Message","Title","width=640,height=325,center=1,resize=1,scrolling=1")
}
else{
PopUpURL1.load("inline","Message","Title")
}

but never load, always open ...

ddadmin
03-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Regarding #2, there is an error in your code:

if ((typeof PopUpURL1 != "undefined") || (PopUpURL1.isClosed==true)){
PopUpURL1=dhtmlwindow.open("PopUpURL","inline","Message","Title","width=640,height=325,center=1,resize=1,scrolling=1")
}
else{
}

It's missing the quotations around "undefined". Anyhow, perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're really trying to do. So in your logic, when do you really want to call PopUpURL1.load() instead of PopUpURL1.open()? I mean, if you have a DHTML window currently already open/visible on the page, and you're trying to update its contents to a new URL, you'd simply call load() via say a link, and not within the same logic code as open(), so something like:

<a href="#" onClick="PopUpURL1.load('iframe', 'http://cssdrive.com', 'CSS Drive'); return false">Load new site into window</a>

rpaul
03-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Hi

2-
when I add quotations around "undefined", I have an javascript error but not because "" but because !=, after test ... but with ==, now all is OK , great.

if ((typeof PopUpURL1 == "undefined") || (PopUpURL1.isClosed==true)){
}
else{
}

Anyhow, perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're really trying to do. So in your logic, when do you really want to call PopUpURL1.load() instead of PopUpURL1.open()? I mean, if you have a DHTML window currently already open/visible on the page, and you're trying to update its contents to a new URL, you'd simply call load() via say a link, and not within the same logic code as open(), ...

Because, it's possible than user close this window.

I wanted to make sure the first time, the window is open (dhtmlwindow.open).

Then the user can move it elsewhere on the screen, for convenience, and so have information on various links that will click on the page (now load).

But if it closes the window, it must be able to open without the error message "DHTML Window has been closed, so nothing to show ..."

But it's work now, thanks ...

I continue developing and lets you know when it is completed, to give you the URL of my application (with reference to Dynamic Drive and your name?)

Possible to make a donation, when ready, to encourage you to continue update this application unparalleled on the web?

rpaul
03-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi

Possible in "inline" mode to build complete html page with a script and/or flash param (for play video, example)?
Or for that, "iframe" mode is requiered, style: http://home5.inet.tele.dk/nyboe/flash/mediaplayer/sizedemo.htm ?
Or "div" mode is requiered, style: http://home5.inet.tele.dk/nyboe/flash/mediaplayer/sizediv.htm ?

example:

Message="<html>"
Message+="<head>"
Message+="<possible script style: script type='text/javascript' src=cfg.js'></script>"
Message+="</head>"
Message+="<body>"
Message+="html code here and/o flash param for video"
Message+="</body>"
Message+="</html>"

PopUpCfg1=dhtmlwindow.open("PopUpCfg","inline",Message,"Configuration"," ...")
}

thanks ...

ddadmin
03-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi Paul:
You can theoretically build a complete HTML page using the inline mode, like you're attempting above. However, it's very cumbersome, as one little mistake in your syntax, and a JavaScript error in thrown. Remember to backslash( \) whenever in doubt on whether a character you're trying to output could be interpreted as a JavaScript reserved character, for example:

Message+="<possible script style: script type='text/javascript' src=cfg.js'><\/script>"

rpaul
03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Oop, I had completely forgotten this, it's true.

Great.

I test again, and you go back on it.

Thanks