PDA

View Full Version : Book Flip Slideshow

lindyrae2
05-28-2005, 03:19 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/bookflip.htm

I am also having trouble with the flip book. The book does not appear, I only get a square with an x. I think I have the code entered correctly.
Could you please check my code on the following page to see what I am doing wrong? Thank you.
http://www.buddiesbuddies.org/events.htm

jscheuer1
05-28-2005, 04:25 AM
There may be other problems but, for starters you must have only one <body> tag on your page unless you are doing something unconventional for which there is no substitute. This is not such a case. Second, you have another script on the page with an onload handler. The fact that this second script is running means it has captured the onload handler from the bookflip script, preventing it from running. This can all be resolved like so (mind you there could be other problems but we will not know until these are fixed):

1) Remove this line from the 'slider' script:
window.onload=fillup2) Replace your three <body> tags:
<body>
<body onload="ImageBook()">
<body bgcolor="#FFFFCC">with this one tag:
<body bgcolor="#FFFFCC" onload="ImageBook();fillup();">See if that doesn't get things working. If not, as I say, there are other problems.

BTW, isn't that 'slider' script from Dynamic Drive? I recognize its 'fillup' handler. If so, you haven't left its credit intact, a violation of Dynamic Drive's usage agreement.

lindyrae2
05-28-2005, 05:36 AM
Thanks for getting back to me so soon, that one "fillup" line of code is what did it for me. As for the credits, I looked and that whole paragraph is in there at the very beginning of the script, am I missing something else?

jscheuer1
05-28-2005, 05:54 AM
/***********************************************
* Conveyor belt slideshow script- Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
***********************************************/
The above is what's missing from the other script on your page.

lindyrae2
05-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Thank you very much. All is well, and the credits are at both scripts now.

eileen87
11-07-2005, 11:55 AM
There may be other problems but, for starters you must have only one <body> tag on your page unless you are doing something unconventional for which there is no substitute. This is not such a case. Second, you have another script on the page with an onload handler. The fact that this second script is running means it has captured the onload handler from the bookflip script, preventing it from running. This can all be resolved like so (mind you there could be other problems but we will not know until these are fixed):

1) Remove this line from the 'slider' script:
window.onload=fillup2) Replace your three <body> tags:
<body>
<body onload="ImageBook()">
<body bgcolor="#FFFFCC">with this one tag:
<body bgcolor="#FFFFCC" onload="ImageBook();fillup();">See if that doesn't get things working. If not, as I say, there are other problems.

BTW, isn't that 'slider' script from Dynamic Drive? I recognize its 'fillup' handler. If so, you haven't left its credit intact, a violation of Dynamic Drive's usage agreement.

I also encounter the same problem, get a square with an x. I've tried the fillup thing but it does not work in my page. Hope that someone could help me. Thank you!

jscheuer1
11-07-2005, 03:07 PM
The 'fillup thing' was a modification for a specific implementation, necessitated only because another script that uses it as an event handler was also on the page. If you are not using this additional script, it will make no difference, perhaps make things worse, even. As indicated in the above thread, there can be many reasons for the book flip script not working. To diagnose what the trouble is with your implementation: