PDA

View Full Version : frames

spyder
05-28-2005, 02:58 AM
hi, my new site uses a bunch of frames, and i want to know if there is the ability to do this. i have 3 vertical frames, and an the middle frame, there are 2 horizontal ones. is there any way to make a scrollbar on the far right (the normal area) control the bottom horizontal frame within the middle vertical one. i really dislike the look of the scrollbar in the middle. thank you

cr3ative
05-28-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't believe there is - but if I were you, I'd drop the frames.. they're not the easiest tool to work with and don't usually look very good.

spyder
05-28-2005, 07:23 PM
well, i use he frame for my liks on the left side cause i dont want them to reload the pictures every t9ime. but thank you, i will drop the right frame

mwinter
05-29-2005, 05:01 PM
well, i use he frame for my liks on the left side cause i dont want them to reload the pictures every t9ime.The use of frames cannot be justified simply in an attempt to reduce bandwidth usage (which is what I assume you're referring to). As long as you supply cachable data to the requesting client, then the overhead of subsequent requests is negligable (particularly when persistent connections are used).

Frames cause numerous usability problems, and in most cases, prevent spidering by search engines. There are rare occasions when frames really are an appropriate solution, but most of the time they should be avoided.

Mike