PDA

View Full Version : Pausing up-down scroller - links not working in IE

Slovensky
03-01-2008, 09:59 PM
1) Script Title: Pausing up-down scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm

3) Describe problem:

I'm using just the 2nd narrow scroller on a site and after losing the CSS battle with IE6 and 7 to get the text centred in the scroller, I added <div align="center" </div> around the existing message arrays so they now look like this:

pausecontent2[0]='<div align="center"<a href="events.html">Lowick Village Open Day - Sunday 1 June, 2pm to 6pm</a></div>'

Well it solved my centring problem but has created another one! Everything is fine in Firefox but now the links don't work in IE. If I take the align center divs away they work, put them back and they don't work :mad:

I am at a loss as to how to fix this and could do with some ideas before I lose the last shred of sanity that I've managed to hang on to today! :rolleyes:

Many thanks
Sarah

jscheuer1
03-02-2008, 12:09 AM
There could be other problems, but this is just wrong:

pausecontent2[0]='<div align="center"<a href="events.html">Lowick Village Open Day - Sunday 1 June, 2pm to 6pm</a></div>'

And I'm surprised that it works at all in any browser. It should be:

pausecontent2[0]='<div align="center"><a href="events.html">Lowick Village Open Day - Sunday 1 June, 2pm to 6pm</a></div>'

If you need more help:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Slovensky
03-02-2008, 01:06 AM
:o no other problems, that was it (...oh the embarrassment :p)

Thank you
Sarah