PDA

View Full Version : help mee any!!! :( :(

02.Lead
02-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi there as you can see that I'm new here. I'm looking for this scripts where I can combine my news and updates post into the forums. For example, whenever my users post a comment through the forums it'll show on my news and updates post which will be on my site and it show of how many users comments I've received. It's really complicated to explain but i hope you guys understand. if not do reply back here. thxx

brentnicholas
02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
What you are asking is fairly complicated, and a 'javascript' isn't going to do it. Unless you want to get into doing ajax based template includes.

Javascript is mainly for doing things on a web page, but I won't even go into that.

Honestly if your goal is to run a site with forums, news, user sign-up and whatever else, and don't want to do a lot of programming... take a look at PHP-Nuke. It's a content management system. I think it costs between 12-20 dollars. Personally I think it's all that and a bag of chips.
If you don't like Php-Nuke, then just search the web for 'free content management systems'.

You'll need a web server, MySQL, and an FTP client.

The instructions are pretty good for setting it up, it even has a web based installer. You just load the DB tables. You web hosting co might be able to help you get it running.

BN