PDA

View Full Version : Couloir Fading Slideshow help...

AndyPoo
02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
http://www.couloir.org/js_slideshow/

A couple of quick questions...

On the site there is an "About Slideshow" link where the content expands down when you click on the link. Any ideas on how to do this?

And the second question is if I download the zip file, what neccessary adjustments to the javascript do I have to do to remove the sound part? Can I just delete the sound-config, soundcontroller, and the sound (folder) files?

Thanks in advance.

[edit]

Also, can I remove the caption bar that appears at the bottom of every image transition? I'm referring to the bar that displays the image number/total images and the title of the image as well. Thanks.

zaphod42
02-29-2008, 01:49 AM
animating drop down menus in javascript requires you to call a "grow" function at an interval, or with a timer (correct me if I'm wrong).
So the first step is usually to build a function that will grow an element say 5 px at a time, then set another function, the one you call on click, that sets the interval...I use setInterval obviously;)
Now if you build the menu as it should look when open, you can set an onload event that will grab the offsetHeight and offsetWidth of your element before it resizes it to whatever you want it to look like when closed.
Then you simply add an 'if' to the begining of your grow function that clears the interval if the offsetHeight and or width of the element reaches the size you grabbed on pageload.
Finally in the CSS you need to set overflow:off so that when your menu is closed those pesky scrollbars don't show up and ruin the illusion that you are in complete control of the script;)