View Full Version : Ajax tabs disappear/no show in IE

02-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Script: Ajax Tabs Content Script (v 2.1)


I installed the script and it works just fine, except of course in the ever frustrating Internet Explorer. After completing development on the tabs, I ran the usual browser checks (Safari, FF, Opera, IE) and it works perfectly alright in all, except for IE (Only checked v6.0).

The tabs show up for a split second during loading, and then disappear. The content of the default tab, however does load and stay.

Page on which this is happening (http://www.enonavital.com/d.php)

HTML on page (tab content loads from external files):

<ul id="countrytabs" class="shadetabs">
<li><a href="d_inc/web.php" rel="countrycontainer" class="selected"><b>Web Design</b></a></li>
<li><a href="d_inc/ads.php" rel="countrycontainer"><b>Advertisements</b></a></li>
<li><a href="d_inc/logo.php" rel="countrycontainer"><b>Logos & Monograms</b></a></li>
<li><a href="d_inc/other.php" rel="countrycontainer"><b>Other Graphic Design</b></a></li>
<li><a href="d_inc/books.php" rel="countrycontainer"><b>Book Design</b></a></li>

<div id="countrydivcontainer" style="border:0px; width:700px; margin-bottom: 1em; padding: 10px">
<p>Default text.</p>

<script type="text/javascript">
var countries=new ddajaxtabs("countrytabs", "countrydivcontainer")


Thank you in advance,


02-28-2008, 04:00 AM
Something within the below CSS is causing the problem:

<style type="text/css">
/* hide from ie on mac \*/
#flashcontent {
height: 100%;
/* end hide */
.style2 {font-family: Georgia; color: #333333; font-size: 10px;}
body,td,th {
font-family: Georgia;
font-size: 12px;
a:link {

I haven't looked at exactly which rule(s) were the problem, but as soon as I disable this particular stylesheet, things no longer disappear in IE (IE7 and IE6).

02-28-2008, 04:20 AM
ddadmin, thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The issue was in the div id #menutable. The "position:relative;" was interfering somehow, and positioning it relative to nothing. I simply deleted it, and the problem is now solved.