PDA

View Full Version : Script : DD Pop It Menu

nicoldreamlover
05-27-2005, 03:52 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/popit.htm

Is it possible for this script to have enhanced feature such as a shadow effect for the pop it menu?

Currently it does now have any shadow effect, I was wondering is it possible to have that effect on this menu?

jscheuer1
05-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Try this as a drop-in replacement for the default style:
<style type="text/css">

#popitmenu{
position: absolute;
background-color: white;
border-top:1px groove black;
border-right:4px groove gray;
border-bottom:4px groove gray;
border-left:1px groove black;
font: normal 12px Verdana;
line-height: 18px;
z-index: 100;
visibility: hidden;
}

* html #popitmenu{
border:1px solid black;
filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Shadow(color=black,direction=135,strength=4);
}

#popitmenu a{
text-decoration: none;
padding-left: 6px;
color: black;
display: block;
}

#popitmenu a:hover{ /*hover background color*/
background-color: #CCFF9D;
}

</style>

nicoldreamlover
05-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Thanks, I tried it out, it looks great in IE, but I notice the effects in Firefox and Netscape is different. It does not have the shadow thingy in Firefox and Netscape?

jscheuer1
05-27-2005, 07:14 AM
Mozilla doesn't have support for the 'filter:' property and probably never will. I used what I believe to be the closest available approximation. You can play with the widths and/or the 'outset', 'ridge' and 'inset' border styles instead of groove. All border styles you set for Mozilla will be overridden for IE in the '* html' section of the style. New CSS standards are in the works that should allow for drop shading effects on text for all browsers that support the new standard, there may be a similar standard coming for borders or box elements but, I am not aware of any.