PDA

View Full Version : Menu moves in IE7

moLink
02-27-2008, 06:48 PM
1) Script Title: AnylinkCSS Vertical Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...nkvertical.htm

3) Describe problem: Menu is showing up in a different place in different browsers. It looks great on the mac with Firefox, opera, netscape and safari. On Windows IE7, the main menu is about 40 pixles to the right of where it's supposed to be. :confused:

Link to the site: www.monicalincoln.com/drcvi

I'd really appreciate any help!

ddadmin
02-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Did you resolve the issue? I just checked your page in IE7, and the menu offsets seem correct. BTW, most of the positioning problems with AnyLink x" Menus can be solved by making sure the HTML for the drop down DIVs themselves is outside any container tag on the page other than the BODY. So in your case, try moving all the drop down DIVs to the bottom of your page, just above the "</body>" tag:

<div id="about_links" class="secondtier">
<a href="vision.html">Vision / Mission / Principles</a>
<a href="org.html">Our Organization</a></div>

<div id="priorities_links" class="secondtier">
<a href="p_abuse.html">Abuse &amp; Neglect </a>
<a href="p_discrimination.html">Discrimination</a>
<a href="p_benefits.html">Benefits </a>
<a href="p_community.html">Community-Based Collaboration </a>
<a href="p_childed.html">Education for Children &amp; Youth</a>

<a href="p_mental.html">Mental Health </a>
<a href="p_public.html">Public Education &amp; Communication </a>
<a href="p_quality.html">Quality Assurance </a>
</div>

</body>

moLink
02-28-2008, 01:48 PM
Do you mind checking it again on IE7 and one other browser? It still seems to be doing the same thing over here.

I had added a .navlist{left:-40px;} to the css to make the main menu line up on all the browsers, but IE7 is taking me literally. If I remove the left:-40px; rule, then it lines up on IE but not on the other browsers. Is there is a way to have one css rule for IE and another for everything else?

I did changed the divs to the bottom of the page as you suggested, but that didn't seem to change anything... I think since the placement problem is with the main menu not the sub menu.

moLink
02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Ahaa! I fixed it. Added a "/*if ie..." statement to each page in which I linked a second style sheet with left:0px. All better.