PDA

View Full Version : Scrollable Content II - IE disable active content

thelittlepip
05-26-2005, 06:56 PM
I am using the scrollable content II script and it works IE, Netscape and Firefox, however, I'm hitting a bit of a snag in IE. I notice that the script sets off a security setting in IE that says, "To help protect your security, IE has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options..." I know I can set my security setting to resolve this problem for me, which I have and it works fine. I am worried about other people who view this page with these security settings. Is there anyway to get the script to disable the security settings? I notice that on the demo on dynamicdrive.com that the security warning doesn't occur in IE. What is the secret?

Thanks.

jscheuer1
05-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Well, the issue is probably one of local versus live. When you view pages over the internet your internet security settings are used. Locally, there is a different set. Were you able to disable that warning locally? If so, I'd love to know how. I've tried and haven't been able to. But, happily, the default setting in IE is to allow active scripting over the internet.