PDA

View Full Version : Drop down/ Overlapping Content placement

Rejang
02-23-2008, 04:54 PM
1) Script Title: Drop down/ Overlapping Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/overlapcontent.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi, I am a complete novice at this. I googled and saw some cool stuff in this site that I would love to use in the blog I am still creating. I like to include this Drop down/overlapping content script and after studying it is confident of getting it to work. Just one very basic question: how can I control the placement of this drop down menu box? I mean what sort of codes are needed to put in in a specific location- I want to place it right under the blog header. Sorry for asking silly questions. Thanks

TimFA
02-23-2008, 04:57 PM
No problem.

Put this where you want the link:

<b><a href="search.htm" id="searchlink" rel="subcontent">Search DD</a></b><br />

And this near it, this is where the content goes:

<DIV id="subcontent" style="position:absolute; visibility: hidden; border: 9px solid orange; background-color: white; width: 300px; padding: 8px;">

OR:

This script supports four different position orientations- "left-bottom", "right-bottom", "left-top", and "right-top" for the drop down content. You can also customize the speed of the drop down animation for each script instance. Cool!

Rejang
02-25-2008, 06:06 AM
TimFA: Thanks for your help. I am now trying my hands on another cool codes from here- drop down tabs and having some quite similar difficulties. I have posted a new thread for it. I hope you and others can also help to resolve the problems. Thanks.