PDA

View Full Version : Image problems with Swiss Army Image Slideshow

Caleigha2
02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
1) Script Title: Swiss Army Image Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/swissarmy/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I have installed the slideshow for a client's website. I have viewed it from multiple computers and from my end it is working beautifully.

However when my client views it, the pictures are not clear. She describes the pictures as looking as if someone painted a thin layer of white paint over them.

Does anyone know why this might be happening to her? She has the problem in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Thanks for any help you can give.

jscheuer1
02-21-2008, 04:53 PM
First thing to do would be to give her the link to the demo page here on DD and ask her if it looks that way to her on that page.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Caleigha2
02-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Thank you John - I will check with her.

This is the page: http://www.andersonmarketinginc.com/CircleofCare/slideshow.htm

Thanks

Caleigha2
02-22-2008, 02:48 PM
First thing to do would be to give here the link to the demo page here on DD and ask her if it looks that way to her on that page.

She is not able to see the 1st and 3rd slideshow images, but can see the one in the middle. Hopefully that will make sense to you because it doesn't to me. The slideshow I used was the 2nd one.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

jscheuer1
02-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Change this:

slides2.nofade=0; //use for no fade-in, fade-out effect for this show

to:

slides2.nofade=1; //use for no fade-in, fade-out effect for this show

That will stop the nice fading in effect, but if it makes the slide show acceptable to your client, we could be done. It would mean that using scripted opacity style changes is somehow a problem on her computer. Usually though, if that is the case, it is only so in IE. There is a workaround so that all IE that can show the effect will, with others just showing a plain (non-fading) slide show. But before we get into that, let's check if removing the fade altogether makes it visible for her.

Make sure to have her refresh her browser after you have made this change, so that she is not looking at a cached copy of the page.

This line (#129 in your source for that page):

window.mm_menu_1215131405_0 = new Menu("root",182,27,"Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif",12,"#013655","#FFFFFF","#CCCCCC","#003366","left","middle",5,0,300,-5,7,true,true,true,0,true,false);

is throwing an error because Menu is not defined. I would suggest removing that line to see what happens. It probably has nothing to do with the slide show, but might. And it certainly could cause problems elsewhere, and just looks unprofessional in IE where it makes a yellow error warning in the status bar.