PDA

View Full Version : DD Script - Conveyor Belt slideshow script

mikep
10-04-2004, 10:46 AM
Dear all

I'm having trouble with the above script in showing more than two at most images in the slideshow. It would ft perfectly into my website's plan, but although I have all the images in the correct directory, plus named them appropriately, it appears to only show two out of the five. I've tried re-copying the code to make it identical, and even renamed the image files to that of the online demo, but it still doesn't work.

Where am I going wrong??

Any help much appreciated,

Mike

cr3ative
10-04-2004, 03:10 PM
Hi Mike,

Could you post your HTML code or preferably provide a hyperlink to the affected page please?

cr3ative

mikep
10-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi

Re; DD Script - Conveyor Belt slideshow script

I've created a temp link as follows:

http://www.mikepitches.plus.com/newic/pages/portfolio.htm

Hope that works ok.

Regards

Mike

cr3ative
10-05-2004, 01:11 PM
For me, that script doesn't appear at all in either IE or FireFox. Odd.

Reinsert the script from DD, but this time try naming images absolutly rather than relatively.

Instead of ../images/button_design_down.jpg

Try http://myhost.com/images/button_design_down.jpg

Just a thought.
cr3ative

mikep
10-05-2004, 03:35 PM
DD Script - Conveyor Belt slideshow script

Hi again

Well I tried that, and although one image appears, (I know why it looks huge), none of the others do, should be I think five in total, all are pointed to in the same way...

Same link applies as before. By the way,it seems you need to wait a few seconds for this to display.

Any further ideas??

Regards

Mike

mikep
10-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Dear all

I'm glad to say, problem solved! The problem appeared to be that one of my test images was far too big, and was effectively taking up the whole of the scroll area, thus giving the impression of just one image. I can see now that all *have* to be of the same dimensions... (one of those learning curves I guess)

Thanks to cr3ative for their input...

Kind regards, Mike

mikep
10-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Sorry Guys

Although I now have this one working, would anyone know how to utilise this script to have many more images scrolling through? I thought you could just add more images in that section, but apparently it doesn't seem to work .....????

Any help much appreciated.

Mike

ddadmin
10-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Sorry Guys

Although I now have this one working, would anyone know how to utilise this script to have many more images scrolling through? I thought you could just add more images in that section, but apparently it doesn't seem to work .....????

Any help much appreciated.

Mike

I can't see any immediate problems with your implementation at a glance. However, I suspect the problem still has to do with some of your images being way too big dimensions wise, and differing in dimensions. For example: http://www.mikepitches.plus.com/newic/images/woodvale.jpg :eek: To confirm this problem, I'd change all the images temporarily to much smaller ones and unified in dimensions...

blur
10-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Hi all,

I think my post got deleted. It's agaist the rules is it? Sorry about that. Thanks anyway.

mikep
10-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Dear all

Sorry, I've another favour to ask someone (the last rememdy about smaller images worked a treat by the way!). As a final part, is it possible to have a piece of text set in a table to display information regarding whichever website thumbnail is hovered over?
I know it can be done in normal coding using swap-image/image restore, but being a JS code area, can this be done?

Again, many thanks..

Mike

femsawyer
08-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Is there any way to vertical align the images to the middle as my images are different heights?

jscheuer1
08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Is there any way to vertical align the images to the middle as my images are different heights?

Please start a new thread when asking a question and follow the current posting rules here:

DD Help Posting Guidelines (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6)