PDA

View Full Version : Scrollable iframe buttons in flash?

clackey
05-24-2005, 01:19 AM
I am trying to build a website consisting of both flash and html content, in which there will be an iframe containing all content of the site in the center, which I would like the viewer to be able to scroll using two buttons on the right. The "Scrollable Iframe (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/iframescroll.htm)" script on this site is perfect for what i want, however, I want to know how i may allow the javascript that is used when clicking the "Up | Down" links to be called up in a flash movie when "up" and "down" buttons are pressed. In effect, replacing the links with flash buttons.

The main content that is to go into the iframe must be html, and the buttons must be in flash, because my site is mainly visual, and I am incorporating the buttons into an overall image. I have tried using an imagemap, in which the code worked, but there were other problems; and my menu for the content of the page will be in flash , so I'd like it to be consistent.

Is there any way this can be done? If not with this script, then possibly another script that is more easily incorporated into flash? If anyone is willing to help it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!