PDA

View Full Version : Cmotion Image gallery and oscommere tables

jojojo
02-11-2008, 10:23 AM
URL of the script:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm

I have to use the cmotion gallery in tables because of the oscommerce.
I mean it looks lite that:
<table><tr><td>
<div id="motioncontainer" ...>
</td></tr><table>

In IE everythings is fine but firefox will not scroll to left or right.
I use FF 2.0
Can someone help me?

thanks

jojojo
02-18-2008, 01:47 PM
nobody having the answer?
please help

jscheuer1
02-18-2008, 02:45 PM
A table in and of itself shouldn't cause that, it is probably something else.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

jojojo
02-19-2008, 09:51 PM
HERE (http://www.insouldesign.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=28) the link of my shop
As I said in IE the script is working

thank you jscheuer1

jscheuer1
02-20-2008, 04:25 AM
You didn't just put the script markup inside a table, you also put two tables inside the script markup. That is probably the problem. In your current markup, find this area:

<nobr id="trueContainer">
<!-- also_purchased_products //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" class="infoBox">
<tr>
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" class="infoBoxContents">

Change it so that it looks like so:

<nobr>
<tr>
<td><table id="trueContainer" border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" class="infoBoxContents">

jojojo
02-20-2008, 09:47 PM
thank you very much, no its working but not 100%
please compare FF and IE
FF scrolls too much and IE dont show the last product

jscheuer1
02-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Hmm, you haven't followed my suggestion. You moved the id="trueContainer", but you moved it to another location entirely than suggested by my post. I don't know how to be much clearer though, except to say it should have been moved to here:

<div id="motioncontainer" style="position:relative;overflow:hidden; ">
<div id="motiongallery" style="position:absolute;left:0;top:0;white-space: nowrap;">
<nobr>
<tr>
<td><table id="trueContainer" border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" class="infoBoxContents">

around line #153, not here:

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" style="width: 800px; margin:auto;" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3" id="trueContainer">
<tr>
<td width="0%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->

around line #80 where you have put it. Remove it from there, and place it where I originally suggested. The concept involved is that we want it on the one innermost element who's width reflects the width of the image train, and only on that one element. You might think that is the <tr>, but experience has shown me that when modifying the markup like you have, it is the innermost table.

jojojo
02-21-2008, 10:55 AM
I use oscommerce and this table where you want to put the id="trueContainer" is a infobox file. if I put it there every infobox would be messed up. but now I have it. your suggestion help me much, it was the right way
Thank you very much for your fast support!

jscheuer1
02-21-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm surprised that works. It would technically be better to modify the script so that it can find that innermost table without having to have 11 elements on the page with the same id. Otherwise, if you do this a lot, on various different pages there is a good chance that on at least one of them, one or more of the browsers will get confused and mess it up.