PDA

View Full Version : Image Thumbnail Viewer

lommel
05-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Hi!
I'm from germany and my english-school-lessons are some time ago, so I'm sorry for my bad english...
I love dynamic drive and i often use those scripts in my websites. Today i want to install the Image thumbnail viewer and everythings fine. But now there one question:
The opened windows with the pictures have the word "close" on the right side. I've change dt into german, but the word is in times new roman and i want it in verdana. I've try it with

#dragbar #closetext{
font-style: verdana;
font-weight: bold;
margin-right: 1px;
}
</style>

But nothings happened. But in the demo on dynamic-drive-site there's in verdana. Look here:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

How does it works?

Thank you very much and nice greetings from Germany!

mwinter
05-23-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm from germany and my english-school-lessons are some time ago, so I'm sorry for my bad english...Aside from a few minor mistakes here and there, you're English is fine. I can assure you that it's an improvement upon even some native speakers' use of the language, so I wouldn't worry. :)

I've change dt into german, but the word is in times new roman and i want it in verdana.I can help you here, but I'd like to point out that Verdana can be a poor choice. By relative standards, it's a very tall font which often means authors try to shrink it down to something more managable. However, if Verdana isn't available and the user agent has to fall back to some other type face, this smaller-than-usual size could be unreadable with the replacement. So by all means use Verdana, but consider its use carefully.

#dragbar #closetext{The '#dragbar' part of this selector is redundant. You can simplify it to:

#closetext {
font-style: verdana;Though there is a font-style property in CSS, it doesn't do what you think. From the specification:

The 'font-style' property requests normal (sometimes referred to as "roman" or "upright"), italic, and oblique faces within a font family.What you're looking for is the font-family property.

Mike

lommel
05-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Thank you very much for the compliment - and thank you very much for the help! I haven't thought thats such an easy mistake. But now I see the mistake and its so logical...
Thanx a lot, greetz Sascha