PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate fade-in slideshow problem

SpeedyG
02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
1) Script Title: Ultimate fade-in slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD):

3) Describe problem: The script doesn't seem to work in IE6 for me. FF and IE7 are fine tho. Can anyone confirm this for me and suggest a fix? Cheers :)

jscheuer1
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Works fine in IE 6 here. However, it must be a fully installed version of IE 6 as the primary instance of Internet Explorer on that computer, or if using a 'stand alone' version of IE 6, it must be installed with the registry and other changes required to enable scripted filter opacity in it.

SpeedyG
02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Ah thanks. It was a standalone version of ie6 giving me the problems on this PC. Oddly enough, they use IE6 on the local university network too, and It seems broken on some of the uni pcs i tried too. Ah well. Thanks for the reply. :D

jscheuer1
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, a university would do well to disable certain features in IE 6, as it is a huge security problem in its default configuration. It is an easy matter to disable certain safe Active X features in IE 6 while disabling the more dangerous ones, in fact - I don't think that browser (unlike IE 7) gives one the option of making this distinction. These safe Active X features are required for scripted filter opacity.