PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Typing Text Script !!!

why not
02-05-2008, 12:36 PM
hi !problem with Typing Text Script : http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex10/text5.htm - i include external page in my index page . external page is ( example.php = so import Typing Text Script ) & Work this script . now not work script until include ( example.php ) in my index page . what's problem ?? thanks for reply

codeexploiter
02-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Can you provide a link to your page?

jscheuer1
02-05-2008, 04:05 PM
The typing text script should be on the 'top' page. After the external content that it is supposed to animate is added to the page, then it can be called to initialize and animate that content. This can generally be done by means of a polling function.

To get the particulars of how to poll for the external content, I would need to see the pages involved. It probably would also be possible to simply check for the existence of the required element as a part of the onreadystatechange function of your AJAX script, and run typing text if that element is found.

Either way though, removing the the external content from the page before typing text is finished with it will probably still cause an error.

why not
02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
hi ! i dont care what's problem . . . i attach simple code for you !! thanks for help . NOTE : this file Is : ajax.js ( load content ) + texttypete.js ( script text ) + test.php (external file ) + test.html ( index page ) .

jscheuer1
02-05-2008, 08:32 PM
It's not doing anything. I get:

Loading... Please Wait...

but nothing happens after that. I think that the ajax.js file is messed up. It is all one long line with some non-ASCII characters at the beginning.

jscheuer1
02-06-2008, 03:32 AM
Ah, looks like there is just a problem with the ajax.js file when run locally, at least in Opera and FF. I was able to fool them by making it override the test for:

xmlhttp.status == 200

Something is still stopping it from working for me locally in IE 7. But, I got it working well enough in those others to get the typing text to work. At the end of ajax.js, add this:

if(document.getElementById('example2')){
var tt=new TypingText(document.getElementById("example2"), 75, function(i){ var ar = new Array("\\", "|", "/", "-"); return " " + ar[i.length % ar.length]; });
tt.run();
}

right after:

loading_effect(0);

why not
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
thanks. this script good work with FF & Opera but in ie7 is very slow !! example : i have flash header in my index page until load this script ( IE 7 ) stop animated flash and typingtext very slow . i set load speed to 25 ( wow ) but very slow typingtext !!! what's problem ? thanks

jscheuer1
02-07-2008, 06:55 PM
There might not be a way around that. Try it without the Flash. If that fixes it, it is a conflict between the Flash and the script. This is pretty common in IE for simultaneous script and Flash where both are constantly using the CPU to perform actions.

The only other thing that I can think of that might be affecting this in IE is if you have any links on the page, either hard coded or scripted that use:

href="javascript: . . .

Without also having an onclick return value of false. But that would probably only have to do with stopping the Flash.

why not
02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
sorry ! this week i was to busy . this script without flash is very slow in IE 7 ( include ) so Stack Overflow in IE 7 . what's problem ??

jscheuer1
02-14-2008, 05:09 PM
sorry ! this week i was to busy . this script without flash is very slow in IE 7 ( include ) so Stack Overflow in IE 7 . what's problem ??

That's strange. The script works fine in IE 7 here, so one would think it is something about your page that is causing the problem. A Stack Overflow generally means that something somewhat complex is getting repeated very many times in a very short period of time. Was it doing this with the Flash as well? I mean were you, and/or are you getting a specific error of "Stack Overflow"?

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

why not
02-24-2008, 09:43 AM
hi ! i find this problem . i have a .gif background in my index . when include script problem with background ! so remove background this problem fixed . Now : my page with this background is very slow in IE6 . and ERROR 2 : when click lick for load page : change my background in IE6 . so this problem fix in Ie7 and FF and opera . what's Problem ??? please see my attash file .
http://rapidshare.com/files/94470900/e.zip.html . thanks

jscheuer1
02-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Not happening here in IE 6, are you using a 'stand-alone' version of IE 6 with IE 7 as the actual installed IE on that computer?

What does this have to do with typing text anyway?

why not
02-24-2008, 09:24 PM
i have IE6 version 2.0.2900.2180.Xpsp_xpsp2 . . click TEST link remove background . . . NOTE : flash Link Id Demo And Not Work . typingtext problem when include in this page ( with background ) is very slow !! without background worked normal.

jscheuer1
02-25-2008, 02:47 AM
Your demo zip demonstrates none of this that I can tell. How about a link to a live page somewhere that shows the problem?