PDA

View Full Version : Special Document Effects

caroln242
10-03-2004, 09:14 PM
I tried a script from Special Document Effects...Special Effects Upon Page Enter...Blend In. Here is the code I was given:

<!--Special Effects upon page enter credit- Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com) For full source code, installation instructions, 100's more free DHTML Scripts, and Terms Of Use, visit dynamicdrive.com--><meta http-equiv="Page-Enter" content="blendTrans(Duration=4.0)">

It said to put that code in the <head></head> tag and that's it. I inserted it on my page but it doesn't do anything, and I'm wondering if something is missing from the code (a body tag maybe?). I tried it on several pages but nothing seems to work.

Thank you in advance for any ideas.

Odin
10-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Are you entering the page from another page?

caroln242
10-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Yes, I created a test page to try out the code and I access it from another page. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I have Windows 98, Internet Explorer 6.0 if that makes a difference.

Edited 10/4/04 2:56p.m.

I found this problem! :) My test pages finally worked (don't know why) so I tried the code on my regular web pages. They didn't work again!! :confused: After much thought, I finally realized my regular pages were linked as "target=new". Evidently the special effect code I want to use won't work in a 'new window' type of link URL. I deleted the "target=new" and the special effect code works fine now.

caroln242
10-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Ran into another problem...I got the blend effect to work within my editor, but when viewing from outside the editor, it doesn't work at all. It just goes blank, then loads the new page as usual - no special effect. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what! How can I goof up one simple line of code???? :o

cr3ative
10-17-2004, 07:26 AM
Make sure you don't have any other <meta http-equiv="Page-Enter"... tags in your HTML. Frontpage seems to like putting them in.

cr3ative

caroln242
10-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Here's what I have on my page:

<html>
<HEAD>
<!--Special Effects upon page enter credit- Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com) For full source code, installation instructions, 100's more free DHTML Scripts, and Terms Of Use, visit dynamicdrive.com-->
<meta http-equiv="Page-Enter" content="blendTrans(Duration=4.0)">

<META NAME="Author" CONTENT="Caroln242">
<META NAME="Description" CONTENT="Eastman genealogy from the year 1515. Links to family coat of arms, passenger list for the ship Confidence, search sites. Many pictures.">
<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="Eastman,genealogy,Confidence,coat-of-arms,passenger list,search">
<META NAME="Language" CONTENT="English">
<META NAME="Robots" CONTENT="All">

<TITLE>EASTMAN FAMILY HISTORY</TITLE>

<style type="text/css">
A:link {color:6F0000;}
A:visited {color:000080;}
A:active {color:6f0000;}
A:hover {color:FFFFFF;}
</style>

</head>