PDA

View Full Version : No Right Click - Image

Terriw
05-21-2005, 05:43 PM
The NO RIGHT CLICK script works only on the WEB page -- like on thumnails, but the NO RIGHT CLICK script does not work on the image file after the visitor clicks the thumnail to view an enlargement of the photo on the web page -- how do I DISABLE right click on the IMAGE FILE without having to do each image separately.

jscheuer1
05-21-2005, 06:28 PM
What webpage? What image? I would have to see this to understand what is happening. You cannot disable right click on an image file that is not displayed inside an html document.

Terriw
05-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Go to http://frankwykoff.com/photogallery3.htm. The photographs on the page obey the script allowing no one to copy or save the image -- however, once the thumbnail is clicked, the visitor enters an enlarged photo of the thumbnail from the image file and they can then copy or save to their files.

I take it from what you replied that there is no hope to stop the right click to copy that photograph, so the NO RIGHT CLICK script does not work beyond the page of thumbnails on an HTML web page.

Thanks for your help.

jscheuer1
05-21-2005, 09:34 PM
That's correct as it applies to your current setup. If you were to use a scheme similar to one (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2302) I cooked up for another person in the JavaScript forum here, you could load each image into a generic page with your no-right click script on it. Another approach would be to use a thumbnail viewer script. This is all rather pointless though because an individual wishing to copy your photo can do one of many things, including turning off javascript or doing a printscreen of your page to get around it. So, if this is the only reason you would want your images displayed on a page rather than as themselves, give yourself a break and don't worry about it. If you like the idea because it would give you the ability to link back to the thumbnail page and perhaps include some information about the photos on the large version page, I'd say go for it but, at that rate you should make a page for each image (a photo gallery program can make this task easier for a large number of pictures, as can features on some of the more popular WYSIWYG editors, like FP). Again, there is no protection against photos being copied.