PDA

View Full Version : Featured Content Glider - Trasparent Background

myyoungfamily
02-03-2008, 03:18 AM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Glider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentglider.htm

3) Describe problem: Is there a way to have this script work with a transparent background? When I remove the background color in the css the content just overlaps each other. Can the js be set to change the off content to visibility:hidden?

myyoungfamily
02-03-2008, 05:21 AM
Ok, I think I may have figured out a solution. Here's the js file. Let me know if I messed something up...

ddadmin
02-03-2008, 05:36 AM
You could probably reduce the lines used, but logically it looks good. :)

bradnana
04-03-2010, 04:06 PM
It sure would be nice to have this feature in the current version of this script. It's good to be able to set a graphic background and have the content glide out over it, but that requires setting the content div to background:none, which then allows all the previous content divs to show through each subsequent one.

I'd love to add the necessary code to make the previous divs set to visibility:hidden, but I can't figure out what this user did to make that happen or where to add it to the new code.

bradnana
04-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I spoke too soon. I did get the changes implemented into the latest version (released 2009-12-13) and it seems to work fine.

Would be nice if the old content faded out or maybe glided out of view but this is fine, too.

Also concerning this glider, what about making it SEO friendly so the content shows by default if Javascript is turned off? Is this possible? As it is now, nothing shows at all.