PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Drop Down Menu

nikkiwhite40
05-21-2005, 12:11 AM
I have used the "AnyLink Drop Down Menu" script to create a very nice mouse-over navagation menu (when the user places the mouse over a menu name, a menu comes up with sub-links). Thanks for great script- Dynamic Drive! I have a question- I can't get a border to display around the mouse-over menu. Here's the code. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!!

#dropmenudiv {
border: black;
border-width: 5px;
}

Nikki

jscheuer1
05-21-2005, 05:36 AM
Try:

#dropmenudiv {
position:absolute;
border:5px solid black;
z-index:100;
}

The position and z-index declarations are needed for proper functioning.

mwinter
05-21-2005, 11:43 AM
The position and z-index declarations are needed for proper functioning.Just in case the OP misconstrues that, the important thing with regard to the border is the inclusion of a border style.

For most elements, border styles default to 'none'. Border width and colour is usually set already, but it is the style that controls whether a border is rendered or not.

Mike

nikkiwhite40
05-25-2005, 02:33 AM
JsCheuer1 and Mwinter: thank you so much for responding to my post! The inclusion of both of your code advice worked. By adding the position and z-index declarations, and the border-style, the border showed! I was even able to add the "dotted" property to the border-style attribute, which looks great! Thanks again. I have one last question, if I may. I can't get the border-color to display. The code is below. Any suggestions very appreciated!

Nikki- now a loyal fan of Dynamic Drive!!

#dropmenudiv{
font:normal 10px Arial;
border-style: dashed;
border-color: #FFF33;
border-width: 1px;
line-height:14px;
}

jscheuer1
05-25-2005, 04:22 AM
#dropmenudiv{
border-style: dashed;
border-color: #FFF33; /*<--FFF33 is only 5 chars*/
border-width: 1px;
}You are missing a F or a 3 or some other character in the color declaration. Also, you can use the shorthand method for border, so it could look like this:
#dropmenudiv{
border: 1px dashed #FFF333;
}

nikkiwhite40
06-03-2005, 10:35 PM
First off, jscheuer1, my apologies in my delay in expressing my gratitude to you for your help-- goodness knows you responded quickly twice to my questions!! That being said, thank-you again for your advice. It worked great and the menu is a success!!

Thanks Again!

Nikki