PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox Viewer

Mehok
02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
1) Script Title: Light Box Viewer

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I am going to use 5 .htm pages and once someone opens the lightbox viewer they would be able to see all the images without having to exit out of it and click next in the htm file

so the light box viewer would have access to all 20 images and each htm page you will have access to only 5 images on each .html page or something along those linkes

jscheuer1
02-01-2008, 02:43 PM
5 pages with 5 images each adds up to 25, not 20 total images. The lightbox (the one you link to in your post) can access only one image at a time. However:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/lightbox2/index.htm

can have image groups if you use rel="lightbox[group_name]". These groups are available to lightbox 2.03a via the previous and next buttons on the lightbox interface. If you want other images besides the ones that are visibly linked to on the page to be included in the group, you can just put them on the page in a division with its style set to display none (use as many as you want):

<div style="display:none;">
<a href="some1.jpg" rel="lightbox[group1]" title="Some Titile 1"></a>
<a href="some2.jpg" rel="lightbox[group1]" title="Some Titile 2"></a>
<a href="some3.jpg" rel="lightbox[group1]" title="Some Titile 3"></a>
<a href="some4.jpg" rel="lightbox[group1]" title="Some Titile 4"></a>
</div>

These would be in addition to the (at least one) visible link(s) that activate lightbox for that group on that page:

<a href="some0.jpg" rel="lightbox[group1]" title="Some Titile 0">Text or Image Tag</a>

You can also have as many of these as you like, for all links (seen and unseen) to participate in the group, they all must have the same group name in their rel attribute.

Mehok
02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
yes i know that much the problem is that when i open the second page and click on image 6 it is image 1 in group1 on the second page but i would like it to be image 6 of 25 or 6 of 20 over all if you know what i mean

jscheuer1
02-01-2008, 06:57 PM
The images will be in the order in which their links appear on the page. So on the first page you would have the first 5 seen links followed by the next 20 unseen links. On the second page you would have the first 5 as unseen links, followed by the 5 seen links for that page followed by the remaining 15 unseen links. By the third page you would have 10 unseen links followed by 5 seen links and the remaining 10 unseen links. And so on until a page with 20 unseen links followed by the last 5 seen links. As long as regardless of their being seen or unseen, the order of the links is the same on each page, it will all work out to the same position in the group for each image on each page..