PDA

View Full Version : SSI locating

afe
01-30-2008, 08:21 PM
In SMF forum to show the statistics, how can I locate to it if I am in a folder in the public_html. "<?php require("/path/to/forum/SSI.php"); ?>"

Thanks.

BLiZZaRD
01-31-2008, 07:38 PM
See this post on SMF for further SSI inclusion FAQs (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=14906.0)

afe
02-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Thanks, however, mine is quite simple, just I don't know what to put. Let's say I am in a folder called "hello" and that folder is within public_html. How would I link to home/simple/public_html/forum/SSI.php inside the "hello" folder. I tried the absoulute URL, however, it did not work. Thanks.

thetestingsite
02-01-2008, 12:22 AM
you should be able to do something like this:

/home/simple/public_html/hello/test.php:

<?php
require('/home/simple/public_html/forum/SSI.php');

/* REST OF CODE HERE */

?>

Hope this helps.

afe
02-01-2008, 01:05 AM
So I should save the SSI.php in the "hello" folder? Would this work " <?php require("../home/athletes/public_html/forum/SSI.php"); ?>" Putting two dots infront of the "/home"? Thanks.

thetestingsite
02-01-2008, 03:00 PM
So I should save the SSI.php in the "hello" folder?
No, leave it where it is in the forum folder.

Would this work

<?php require("../home/athletes/public_html/forum/SSI.php"); ?>
Putting two dots infront of the "/home"? Thanks.

No, /home/ is the root directory on the server that has all the users on that server. /home/athletes/ is your main directory that has such folders as public_html (your web directory), maybe a cgi-bin, perhaps a statistics folder (all of this depends on your web host and how they have the server set up). So, if you have a file located in /home/athletes/public_html/hello/index.php, you would place in that file the following:

<?php
require('/home/athletes/public_html/forum/SSI.php');
/* REST OF CODE */
?>

Hope this helps.