PDA

View Full Version : "preview page"

datacut
01-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey guys, im very new to javascript and web design, as i am creating a website for my gce applied ICT course, so be easy with the explanations :)

Basically what i want to know is if i can be able to have a bit of javascript which when i mouse over the navigation links (pictures atm) it will bring up a preview of the content area of the page it links to, (basically will be a printscreen or other by me) and display it in the content area on that page.

so basically an image popup but in a specific place.

thanks in advance if anyone can help :)

codeexploiter
01-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Yes this can be done using JavaScript. You can find free web page thumbnail generators which can be used for your case.

Medyman
01-30-2008, 02:02 PM
If you're just going to create your own sceenshots, you can use any number of the tooltip scripts available on DD:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/index.html

datacut
02-01-2008, 09:15 AM
cheers =] will check them out. any recommendations?

datacut
02-01-2008, 09:33 AM
ok i have gone for the overlapping tooltip:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/overlapcontent.htm

but i cant get it to go in the right place, how do i edit the javascript to control where it is being placed?

i edited the Div so that it should be in the right place / height/width, but it still just goes directly beneath the link which isnt what i want =[

thanks in advance =]

datacut
02-01-2008, 10:51 AM
err, been looking at the javascript to see if i can find where i can change the positioning.. and its bloody complex... i would llove you if you took a look for me :P, the problem is i think, is that the script is too complex. its is basing where the tooltip pop up thingy is placed based upon link position and another parameter (below to the right or top to the left etc etc) so i could probably get rid of alot, but i dont know how / what XD =[ im not exactly a noob to this but i am to javascript :P