PDA

View Full Version : Flip Book won't load

suz39
01-28-2008, 06:54 PM
1) Script Title: Flip Book

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamcindex14/bookflip.htm

3) Describe problem: Have tried everything suggested in previous replies to other people on this problem and nothing has worked so far. Thank you but I will be finding a new script

thetestingsite
01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
The script itself is working, the only thing I see that is wrong with it is that the images do not exist on the server at the location you specified in the script. For example, images/flip/roughocean.jpg is not on the server; but yet, /roughocean.jpg does exist. I believe that you may want to edit the paths in this part of the script:

Book_Image_Sources=new Array(
"images/flip/roughocean.jpg","",
"images/flip/calmerocean.jpg","",
"images/flip/beach.jpg","",
"images/flip/scottatbeach.jpg","",
"images/flip/me_at_beach.jpg",""
);

to this:

Book_Image_Sources=new Array(
"/roughocean.jpg","",
"/calmerocean.jpg","",
"/beach.jpg","",
"/scottatbeach.jpg","",
"/me_at_beach.jpg",""
);

Hope this helps.

suz39
01-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks, I did that and it still won't load on my page.

thetestingsite
01-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Are you sure about that, because it seems to be working perfectly in IE6/7 and FF.

suz39
01-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Yes, I just tried again and when I go to that page there is just an empty space with the Dynamicdrive.com below it. I have

thetestingsite
01-28-2008, 10:03 PM
That's weird, I just cleared my cache and now it doesn't work on IE 6 or 7; only FF. I will play around with it to see if I can figure it out, but someone else may see the problem before I get to it.

Master_script_maker
01-28-2008, 10:16 PM
there are several errors:
1) in you source code i see three instances of the same problem, on line 54, 76, and 107 there is this:
document.write('...</scr'+'ipt>');
that is error prone and should be replaced with:
document.write('...<\/scr'+'ipt>');

2) lines 62 and 250, there is no </center> for the <center>

3) lines 52, 64, and 80 there is no type attribute for the <script> tags

thetestingsite
01-28-2008, 10:36 PM
@master: Those issues that you stated are created by Tripod's server's for the advertisements. There is nothing that the user can do about that except for switch to a different host or use paid hosting.

I am thinking that it may be something to do with the host as I was able to make a test page with the exact same script of yours and it works fine cross browser (at least the major ones). http://thetestingsite.net/test/bookflip.html is the demo page.

suz39
01-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks so much for your time, I guess I will just have to try another slide show even though I like the Flip Book idea.