PDA

View Full Version : browser resize detect

ggalan
01-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi, i have a flash file in html container that scales according to browser resize, however i would like to set a condition so that when the browser is smaller than 800 x 600 scroll bars appear. how would i write that in javascript

thank you

Master_script_maker
01-27-2008, 07:12 PM
does the flash file resize, or the html container?

ggalan
01-27-2008, 07:13 PM
yes, the flash file resizes, but i can set parameters on that. in the html i have it set to 100%

jscheuer1
01-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Scroll bars will appear as needed on any HTML page as long as you haven't already done something to prevent that. If you want the scrollbars to appear within the Flash object, javascript cannot help or can only at best partially help you with that. If it is only the Flash object that you are concerned with, it can best be accomplished entirely with the Action Script prior to compilation of the Flash object.

ggalan
01-27-2008, 07:16 PM
i'm not looking for scrollbars in flash, however in order to scale the swf, i had to set the dimensions to 100% and because of this the scrollbars are not appearing in the html container

jscheuer1
01-27-2008, 08:59 PM
You set what dimensions where to 100%? It sounds to me as though you set them in the Action script of the Flash, but maybe you mean the object tag on the page, or the style for the body and/or html element of the page.

You are also implying that the Flash movie or whatever it is has certain minimum dimensions, is that true?

In any case, I'd like to have a link to the page, rather than continue a back and forth over what you have set where, and what is happening to what and when.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

ggalan
01-27-2008, 09:09 PM
thank you so much, i will post a link in a few.