PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Tab Content

kb0000
01-26-2008, 11:07 AM
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/index.htm

Its a good script and is working fine with me.
But one thing I want to ask in it according to my use.
When I am using this script. I have say 5 tabs in it,
First tab is home.php,
In 2nd tab: I have a form which is to be submitted say of "rating.php" and the form action is the same page on which the user is currently present "home.php" when I press the submit button the page loads again then 2nd tab is loaded that is fine but no action is taken. that means what I have specified in 2nd tab URL gets open and that is rating.php but without any action been taken.

If I give form action as rating.php than I goes to different page and not on the home.php page.
Please tell me what to do so that when i press submit button on rating.php then the rating get submitted and the same home.php page opens.
Can it be done something like this that when I submit the button on rating.php then only inside this page action is taken. I also tried in form action
the direct code for 2nd tab but then also no action is taken and the 2nd tab opens directly without any action.
Please Help.
thanx

ddadmin
01-26-2008, 03:17 PM
If I understood you correctly, for the 2nd tab, you should use the IFRAME option to display the external page for it. If the external page contains a FORM, submitting it won't cause the entire browser to navigate to the results page, only the page within the IFRAME.

kb0000
01-27-2008, 04:01 PM
hey ddadmin thanx. You have got my problem right.
but I want to ask in this case if i use iframe then i have to include style sheets and javascripts for this page also. and I don't want that. can't i do it without using iframe. Like as I have seen in many sites they have established a login form and when we submit it then and there only it processes out.
Something of this sort, if u have here. Please tell me
thanx again.